ADOPTION APPLICATION DISCLAIMER
FILLING OUT THE ADOPTION QUESTIONNAIRE DOES NOT GUARANTEE A HOLD OR CONFIRMATION OF ADOPTION ON THE ANIMAL YOU APPLIED FOR. ALL QUESTIONNAIRES MUST BE REVIEWED AND ACCEPTED BY OUR TRAINED COUNSELORS BEFORE AN ANIMAL IS ADOPTED. IF MULTIPLE INQUIRES FOR A CERTAIN ANIMAL ARE SUBMITTED, WE REVIEW EACH APPLICANT CAREFULLY AND DETERMINE THE BEST FITTING FOREVER HOME. PLEASE ALLOW 24-48 HOURS FOR OUR TEAM TO CONTACT YOU IN REGARDS TO YOUR QUESTIONNAIRE.
Save a Life! Be a Hero
When you adopt a pet from a shelter or other rescue organization, you save a life. Out of the 8-10 million cats and dogs that entered shelters last year, more than half were euthanized, San Antonio Pets Alive! believes that they all deserve a second chance.
When you adopt you become a hero!
You are changing the world for the pet you take home and together with other adopters, making a huge impact in your local community. When you take your new pet home, you make room for us to help another dog or cat in need and you become part of the big picture to answer the growing problem of homeless pets in San Antonio and throughout United States.
Our Promise to You
- We do our best to nurture healthy, adoptable animals by providing a pre-adoption assessment and veterinary care.
- We assess each animal’s temperament to the best of our ability and provide as much information as possible regarding the animal’s behavior and personality.
- Every adoption includes:
- Spay/neuter surgery
- Current age appropriate vaccinations
- Registered Microchip
- Heartworm and flea preventative
- Unconditional love
Our Goals for SAPA! Adoptions
- To find responsible individuals to adopt unwanted, abused and neglected animals
- Raise the awareness and availability of shelter animals as loving companions and fantastic family pets
- Decrease euthanasia rates in shelters by providing high-exposure adoption opportunities
- Raise awareness about the importance of spay/neuter for population control