When you adopt from San Antonio Pets Alive!
You save a life and open up a space for another dog or cat in need.
Adoption Application Disclaimer: Filling out the adoption application does NOT guarantee a hold or confirmation of adoption on the pet you applied for. All applications are reviewed and must be accepted by our trained counselors before a pet is adopted. Please allow 24-48 hours for our adoption team to contact you in regards to your application.
- Puppies, 6 months and under: $200
- Dogs, 7 months and up (including heartworm positive): $85
- Kittens, 6 months and under: $125
- Cats, 7 months and up: $75
Each SAPA! pet adopted includes:
- Spay / Neuter surgery
- Up-to-date on vaccinations
- Up-to-date on heartworm and flea preventatives
Our adoption goals:
- To find responsible individuals to adopt
- To raise awareness on the importance of adopting and not shopping
- To decrease euthanasia rates in shelters
- To raise awareness about the importance of spay/neuter for pet population control
- You must spend at least 30 minutes with the dog or cat you want to adopt
- You must fill out our application and meet with an adoption counselor
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must show a picture ID with your current address. If this isn’t available, we will accept a picture ID with a current utility bill
- A SAPA! conducted “meet and greet” with current household dogs or cats is generally required for all adult dogs
- As a friendly reminder, we do not cat/kid test. If you have either, please be mindful of this during adoption such as bringing kids (or cat) to your appointment to make sure everyone gets along well and meeting the pet in person to see how they would potentially do with your kids/cats if you have any.