Our mission is to provide the programs and services needed to eliminate the killing of at-risk animals due to lack of space, adopter or foster.
About San Antonio Pets Alive!
San Antonio Pets Alive! is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Due to alarming euthanasia rates, San Antonio Pets Alive! (SAPA!) was founded in 2011. SAPA! is unique—it is the only high-paced, high-volume rescue in San Antonio, saving 5,000 at-risk cats and dogs from euthanasia annually.
Since its inception, SAPA! has saved more than 67,000+ dogs and cats. SAPA! provides safety nets for the dogs and cats that fall through the cracks of all other lifesaving options and end up on the euthanasia list at the city shelter, often with just hours to be saved. SAPA! promotes the availability of these dogs and cats to other rescues, adopters, and fosters.
San Antonio Pets Alive! by the Numbers:
- Has saved more than 67,000+ lives since its inception in 2011
- Rescues approximately 5,000 at-risk dogs and cats in our community
- Works with 1,000 fosters caring for more than 2,800 of our animals
- Saves the lives of approximately 1,500 neonatal kittens and puppies
- 9,160+ vaccinations were administered
- 4,598 diagnostic tests were administered
- 4,787 lives were saved
- 3,531 dogs and cats were adopted
- 1,433 neonatal puppies & kittens were saved
- 790 animals were placed with rescue partners
- 4,207 animals were placed in foster homes
- 491 dogs and cats were spayed/neutered at our Medical Care Center
- 235 parvo and parvo suspect puppies were treated
Our Core Values
- Stewardship. We are caretakers of the dogs and cats we save. Our stewardship also extends to the gifts we receive, our reputation and the goodwill of our community.
- Integrity. We believe integrity drives us to be honest and responsible in our actions and communications with our team and the general public.
- Excellence. We strive for excellence and efficiency in every program we implement, ensuring the best care for the dogs and cats we save and the families who love and adopt them.
- Respect. We treat all animals and people with dignity and kindness.
- Lifesaving. We believe that life is precious. We work tirelessly with compassion, care and love to save the lives of dogs and cats and to do what's best for the animals, adopters and fosters.