What is The Big Give? A community wide, 24-hour day of giving that will take place from midnight to midnight on May 6, 2014.
Why Give to SAPA during The Big Give?
– Life-saving Programs- In response to the thousands of healthy dogs and cats that are killed each year because the city runs out of space, SAPA! is working to increase capacity and adoption marketing through foster home recruitment, satellite adoption centers, and our new facility the Paul Jolly Adoption Center and has saved over 14,000 animals in a little over 2 years!
– Neonatal Kitten Nursery- As a solution to the 2,000 neonatal kittens that are killed because they are difficult to bottle feed, we created a neonatal nursery. In 2013, we saved 50% of those kittens through our innovative Kitten Nursery. In 2014, we hope to give them all a chance to reach an adoptable age.
– Parvovirus Ward- As a solution to the 800 puppies who are exposed to the life threatening virus, Parvo, we created a Parvo ICU Ward that isolates these puppies so that it cannot be spread, and then medically treats them for the 7 days it takes to clear the virus. Once they test negative, they are immediately adoptable and healthier than ever. This ground breaking ward saved over 500 puppies last year.
– Ringworm dogs and cats- As a solution to the 400 cats and kittens who enter the city shelter with Ringworm (a form of Athlete’s Foot) and were killed due to the contagious nature, SAPA! has created a Ringworm Ward that isolates these cats for their treatment, and then returns them to the adoption floor within 4 weeks.
– The Injured and Ill- As a solution to the 1,000 dogs and cats that are killed at the city shelter annually due to injuries sustained by cars, SAPA! is building a Medical Triage Center that will give all of these pets a chance at life through medical foster care, life saving treatments, and hospitalization.
SAPA!’s mission is to save every life! This includes the sick, the injured, the elderly, the orphans, and the abandoned. Please help us continue our life-saving mission by donating on May 6th!