San Antonio Pets Alive! is the first rescue in San Antonio working exclusively to save animals scheduled for immediate euthanasia. Orphaned kittens needing 24 hour care are given a fighting chance at SAPA!’s Bottle Baby Unit and through a network of SAPA! Foster Homes. SAPA!’s unprecedented success means we now have many teenage kittens and adult cats that live at our Cattery awaiting adoption.
The Cattery gets little foot traffic and our kittens need your help to be seen. The AdvoCATe program is designed for people that want to help our Cattery cats, but cannot currently foster a cat in their home. Our goal is to pair cats with a personal AdvoCATe that will enrich their lives and help them find a loving furever home.
AdvoCATes – come to the Cattery and choose a cat that you will work with to find an adoptive home (see location and hours below).
- buy a fancy new collar to that makes your cat sparkle
- visit at least once a week to provide enrichment for your cat: play, socialize and exercise your friend
- get good photos/videos and write a personality profile to highlight the cat’s uniqueness
- advertise your cat everywhere you can: Facebook, Craig’s list, work, community boards, etc.
- host your cat at adoption events (transport, and stay with cat at the event)
- provide a take home kit for your cat’s new adopters (toys, food, pet store gift certificate etc.)
- visit your foster more than once a week
- arrange overnight or weekend sleepovers for your cat to experience a home
- donate a month’s worth of Cat food to Marbach
- donate a month’s worth of litter to Marbach
- donate to kennel fund to help Marbach afford improved cat housing
9107 Marbach Rd. Ste. 109
San Antonio, TX 78245
Monday-Sunday 10:30-7:30 pm
1) Choose a day to visit the Cattery – email firstname.lastname@example.org so we know to expect you. Please indicate if you need to schedule a time after regular hours.
2) Bring a camera and a toy to help get to know your new friend. Once you have chosen which cat you want to AdvoCATe for, email the name, photo and animal ID# to email@example.com so we can track which cats already have an advoCATe and help the others find their very own AdocCATe.
3) Start AdvoCATing!!