Complete Our Adoption Application
When you adopt a pet from a shelter or other rescue organization, you save a life. Out of the 8-10 million cats and dogs that entered shelters last year, 4-5 million were euthanized. Whether a purebred or mixture of various breeds, San Antonio Pets Alive! believes that they all deserve a second chance!
Many, many animals that enter shelters are highly adoptable but the shelters do not have the kennel space, staff, funding, or time to find all these pets homes. They just do not get the exposure they need to find the right home.
By adopting from SAPA!, you make room for us to help another dog or cat in need and you become part of the big picture to answer the growing problem of homeless pets in San Antonio and throughout United States. At the smallest picture level, you become a hero to that pet, and that just feels good.
Our Promise to You
- We do our best to ensure healthy, adoptable animals by providing a pre-adoption assessment and veterinary care. We also offer free 30-day health insurance for anything that comes up post-adoption.
- We assess each animal’s temperament to the best of our ability, and provide as much information as possible regarding the animal’s behavior and personality.
- Each pet is adopted to you with:
- spay/neuter, de-worming, current vaccinations, and microchip, disease testing,
- one month of free pet insurance.
Our Goals for SAPA! Adoptions
- To find responsible individuals to adopt unwanted, abused, and neglected animals
- Raise the awareness and availability of shelter animals as loving companions and fantastic family pets
- Decrease euthanasia rates in shelters by providing high-exposure adoption opportunities
- Raise awareness about the importance of spay/neuter for population control